WHAT IS A LANDLORD STATEMENT?
When requesting rent assistance, your landlord must submit a brief statement that includes the following:
- Tenant’s name and address
- Monthly base rent for the tenant and other fees owed
- Landlord’s printed full name, address, and phone number
- Landlord’s signature
- Name to whom the check should be made out
- Address to mail the check
- Verification of HUD or Section 8 Housing, if applicable
NOTE: If your rent is approved, the Landlord will need to complete a W-9 form for tax purposes if one is not already on file. Without a completed W-9, the trustee cannot provide a check.
Landlord statements can be mailed, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 317-773-0250.